All 8th Grade students will attend a registration assembly late January or early February to receive instructions that explain how to register for 9th Grade.
Key Points for 9th Grade Registration:
- You are officially in High School! The courses you select to take as a ninth grade student will begin counting towards high school graduation requirements.
- Every 8th grade student has had a PCCR/SEOP (Student Education Occupation Plan/Personal College and Career Readiness) meeting. These are individual meetings with your counselor (parents were invited and encouraged to attend). These meetings took place between November – February. During this meeting, a 4-Year Plan was created. A 4-Year plan was customized to meet student goals and plans for high school. Refer to your 4-Year Plan when selecting courses.
- 1.0 indicates the course is a full-year course
- 0.5 indicates the course if a semester/half-year course
9th Grade Students will register for:
- 1.0 Language Arts 9 or Language Arts 9 Honors (must complete an application)
- 1.0 Math (placement recommended by current math teacher)
- 1.0 Earth Systems, Earth Systems Honors or Biology Honors (Biology is by application only)
- 1.0 Geography for Life or Geography for Life Honors or AP Human Geography (self-selected)
- 0.5 PST (9th Grade Gym) * Refer to note at bottom of the screen.
- 2.5 Elective Classes – All elective classes are listed in the far-right column of their registration card.
9th Grade ALPS Students will register for:
- 1.0 Language Arts 10 Honors
- 1.0 Math (Students are required to get a signature from their math teacher to be placed for next year.)
- 1.0 Biology ALPS
- 1.0 Geography for Life Honors or AP Human Geography (self-selected)
- .5 PST (9th Grade Gym)
- 2.5 Elective Classes